How Diff Charitable Eyewear is Winning with Influencer Marketing
Unless you have been living off the grid for the past three years, I’m sure you are familiar with the concept of influencer marketing. But on the off chance you are living in a Pre-Donald Trump Presidency world, spending your time eating bonbons with Richard Simmons (https://www.missingrichardsimmons.com/), here’s a quick recap of my blog, previously published on SmartBrief, about How Diff Charitable Eyewear is Winning with Influencer Marketing.
How Do You Succeed?
Consider the following:
- How do you plan to identify potential influencers and select the best ones to be ambassadors for your brand?
- How will their audience respond to your paid placement?
- How do you plan to script your message in a way that relates to their audience while still maintaining the core values of your own brand?
These are important questions you need to ask yourself before engaging in influencer marketing.
Success for Diff Charitable Eyewear
Diff Charitable Eyewear is winning with a fairly sophisticated campaign based on audience data, calculated risks, and a clear, cohesive message.
Diff promotes designer frames at affordable prices. A pair of trendy Diff sunglasses typically costs between $75 and $85. Although the sunglasses are marketed at a much lower price point than other comparable brands, Diff has chosen to promote their product to a younger (millennial) generation with more expendable income. This is why Diff has chosen to partner with multiple Bravo personalities, as shown in the images above. Diff has done their research so they know that Bravo viewers are primarily young, tech savvy individuals with college degrees, who work in middle to high income professions.
Diff is successful not only because the company targets a specific audience and places its product where potential buyers can learn about it organically, but also because they select influencers who personify a trendy, young, jet set lifestyle that appeals to the Diff audience.
Tips for a successful influencer marketing strategy:
- Influencer marketing is about promoting your brand, so make sure to stay true to your core values.
- Ask to review all articles, images, videos and captions prior to posting. They may have the audience, but you are paying for their service and like any other business you should be satisfied with the result.
- Keep a close eye on how your content is performing, as well as how your influencer is presenting his or herself. If a post was not as successful as you had hoped or if an influencer has suddenly taken a stand on an issue that is opposite your brand, move on.
- Have fun! Influencer marketing can be more relaxed and more personal.
Get a better understanding of Diff’s strategy and read our tips on what not to do when engaging in influencer marketing. Click here to view the full article (How Diff Charitable Eyewear is Winning with Influencer Marketing)