Get Organized with Our Free Content Organization Kit!
It’s Time to Get Organized!
One of the most frustrating elements of a content plan is getting your content needs organized. This tool will help you do just that in the following ways:
- Plan your content calendar
- Organize content by month or quarter to align with themes or topics
- Organize content according to what topic performs best on specific days of the week
- Track content from start to completion
- Compile and store content research
- Place content within the funnel to see gaps and map your buyers journey
Here’s How It Works
The calendar helps you plan and track your content. The top row lists the days of the week with #1 Topic, #2 Topic, and #3 Topic listed below – this allows you to fill in which topics perform best on specific days of the week. You can find this information by reviewing historical site data or by using tools like BuzzSumo to research best days for content topic promotion.
As you scroll through the calendar you will notice that the left column asks users to “insert monthly / quarterly topics and themes.” This will help you align content with scheduled events, goals, product launches, or campaigns.
This calendar also allows you to track the progress of a piece of content. The top right corner contains a color key.
- Red = To Do
- Yellow = In Progress
- Green = Complete
Keeping track of an article’s progress is important if you want to stay organized. The simple red, green, yellow color coding allows you to know the status of every piece of content with a quick glance.
The content research section is where you place historical data and research from BuzzSumo. For each product or service, you can quickly find the:
- Best days of the week to post content to social media
- Most popular social media platform
- Most popular content type
- Most successful content based on word count
- Popular domains to watch or share
Bonus: Storing this information in a central place allows for simple collaboration between team members.
The tabs labeled “Product or Service #1, #2, and #3” are where the magic happens. Use these tabs to place content within your funnel. As you scroll to the right you will see color-coded sections for the top, middle, and bottom of the funnel. The colors chosen to represent each stage of the funnel (Top = Red, Middle = Yellow, Bottom = Green) are not associated with the color key on the calendar tab of the content kit – these colors instead represent a visitors willingness or ability to make an informed purchase decision. At the top of the funnel, a visitor is curious about a product or service but most-likely unable to move to purchase. At the middle of the funnel, a visitor has gained information and is moving toward a purchase but likely needs more information. At the bottom of the funnel, a visitor is ready to go and purchase your product or service.
Within each funnel stage / section, you can identify the article name, description, keywords, and content type. This allows you to easily stay organized and understand the purpose of each article with a quick glance without having to individually review each piece of content.
Insert articles within the funnel based on these questions:
- How detailed is this piece of content?
- Is the goal of this piece of content to attract new visitors?
- Is the goal of this piece of content to convert visitors?
- Is the goal of this piece of content to provide a deciding factor between your offerings and competitor offerings?
- How valuable is this content to the visitor?
The exercise of placing content in the funnel will allow you to identify potential cross links, gaps in your content strategy, and new opportunities for growth or content updates.
Let us help you create content with purpose!
Now that you have the tools to succeed and you can identify where your content strategy needs improvement, contact Arc for a free content assessment and to discuss how to take your content marketing to the next level.
Still haven’t downloaded your free content organizational kit? Click the button below to download now!